Sunday, May 11, 2008

In a vacuum?

Never. Not when on the internet.

So, I got my first comment ever on a blogspot blog, and it was a from an anti-circumcision person. Thank you, specialaffinity for your opinion, and the link to a study about pain and infants, with regards to circumcision.

I still remain unconvinced, and would like to see counterstudies done regarding pain in infants in countries where circumcision is NOT the norm. One study, just like one link, will not convince me of anything. In any case, I'm not currently having a boy, so it is a moot point to me, and it honestly doesn't make a difference to me one way or another whether a boy of mine is circumcised.

For anyone else, this is what I'm talking about. I have already done much of my own research, and I'm satisfied with it. As someone who holds a bachelor's and a master's degree, I am satisfied that I am capable of DOING research. I've read opinions and studies, and done my own first hand investigation on many topics. Yet, people who feel motivated by a cause feel the urge to let me know that I'm wrong, and feel that I must be (re)educated so that I will "see the light".

This doesn't just hold to child-rearing, but that is a rant for another day. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: